My Prince

My Prince
I love you Ben 10

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm 35 and mummy to Ben 10 (nickname) who will be 1 in July 2012. I'm also pregnant and due in September 2012 and keeping the sex a surprise until he/she arrives. Too excited but alot calmer 2nd time around. I'm looking forward to blogging about the things I enjoy, and also the things which I've not enjoyed and hopefully people will enjoy reading it. I used to work in a department for a major retailer where I used to test products so I would love to able to do that in my spare time and provide reviews. I'm open, and honest ... and a chatterbox.

Monday 23 April 2012

One pregnant lady, one bump... and a bad food establishment Take 2


After a day of shopping my husband nagged me into going for something to eat and treating my mum in the process. He LOVES Pizza Hut and in fairness our local one in Watford, is very good, although we have to queue for a long time for a table. We were in Ealing so popped in.

What looked like a ghost town with only one table on our side with a party of children, we were taken to our seat. I asked for a high chair, and soon after, the menus were literally plonked on the table. I looked down to see DIRTY cutlery (had my phoned been charged, I would have taken a photo).

We waited for 15 minutes and in that time, not one person took our drinks order. I waved to the waitress and she came over like she was running for her train, barely maintaining eye contact with me. Asking her about the £5 per pizza deal, she told me it was a weekday only offer (it was Saturday), she then rushed off, returning moments later with a leaflet about the offer... again this was plonked in front of me and she almost ran off to another table who had just arrived. As we sat there dismayed, I could feel my hormones raging and so menu in hand, I walked (ok waddled) to the counter and spoke to her colleague about ordering and the service I had just had, she explained it was not her section and that the girl would be with me shortly. The girl at this point had heard my complaints and was telling me that she had to tell 'that table that we had run out of pepperoni'.

Returning to my table, it was now almost 30 minutes and still no order for food or drinks had been taken. At this point, even her colleague was annoyed, and came to me saying 'I don't know where she has disappeared to' and took our order for 3 pizzas, and salads.

We were presented with our salad bowls, and our cutlery was replaced when I pointed out they were filthy (food still stuck on them).

I have seen better salad in a pig's dinner. The pots were empty, there was small selection which was horrible looking, the sweet corn looked dry, the coleslaw had bits of lettuce in them... it was revolting.

I took a few bits of cucumber and tomatoes (I was paying £5 for this) and returned to my table.

Needless to say we didn't go back for second helpings of the salad!

When the pizzas arrived they looked dry and they tasted horrible.. my husband who loves Pizza Hut even commented to say it was tasteless (veggie) and dry. We were offered no extra parmesan, I was still awaiting the high chair and had to ask again and the was actually tempted to just walk out.

Seeing I had finished my drink, I wasn't offered a refill, the dirties had not been taken away and the potato wedges came on a dinner plate with a bit of parsley thrown, yes, thrown on top.

We didn't manage to finish our delightful pizzas (can you detect the sarcasm?) and again after trying to catch her eye, I had to shout to the waitress to bring my bill. We were not offered any drinks, any desserts, no dirty plates were cleared away... it was a massive let down.

When the bill arrived (£31) I couldn't believe I had just spent that money - which was supposed to be a treat, on something so horrible.

Pizza Hut have gone down massively based on this experience and although we loved our Watford branch, just thinking about Ealing makes my stomach turn, and then I get angry that I didn't refuse to pay the bill.

Will we return to Pizza Hut... not in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment